Hi friends! Hope you’re having a lovely morning

I’m looking forward to catching a barre class today, picking up a juicer from Facebook Marketplace (it’s the little things), and catching up on work stuff. I’d love to hear what you have going on!

For today’s post, I have an entire day from start to finish. It’s fun to write these every now and again and look at how much the chaos has evolved. (Like this one when P was a baby and Liv was a preschooler!) This was a pretty *normal* day for us right now, with a couple of exceptions: the Pilot was gone (I basically never have a clue if he’ll be around or not. Airline life is a new world, I tell ya) and the girls didn’t have any after-school activities. We’re running around doing dance classes, dance team (!), swim, and gymnastics, so this was a rare treasure when we could just chill at home after school. 
Here’s a peek into the day:
6:45am: I wake to the sound of my alarm. This is a MAGICAL thing because usually I’m already awake, from either Liv, Caro, or P (or a mixture of all of the above) waking me up at some point and my inability to go back to sleep. All three stayed asleep in their respective beds, all night, and this is worth a celebration. I squint and look at my phone with one eye open, checking emails, scrolling through Instagram, and within a couple of minutes, Livi walks in. We chat in bed and she tells me about her dreams, and we head downstairs for breakfast. On the way downstairs, I try to wake P, who is still crashed with her arms wide open. She’s usually the early bird -awake by 6 most days – so this is very surprising. 

6:55: Livi gets dressed and ready for school while I start their favorite banana-egg-oat pancakes, drink a morning detox drink, and put their lunches and snacks into their lunch boxes. I fill up water bottles, grab their vitamins (they take a kids’ multi, a probiotic, and vitamin D each day), and go back upstairs to try to wake P again. This time I’m successful, and she groggily carries her stuffed sloth downstairs to start the day.

7:20: Both kids are happily eating pancakes, so I rush upstairs to throw on a lululemon outfit + some moisturizer and brush my teeth. I make my favorite collagen coffee

(I use decaf organic coffee from Whole Foods, add a little monk fruit, and then heat up almond milk separately in the microwave. I add two tablespoons of collagen to the hot almond milk, and use my milk frother to froth it up. I pour the almond milk and collagen mixture on top of the coffee and take it with us in my beloved Yeti cup. It’s like a latte but with coffee instead of espresso with a protein boost from the collagen. It’s SO good!), do the girls’ hair while they brush their teeth, tie little shoelaces, slather sunscreen on them, and we’re out the door by 7:45.

9:10: I’m back home from both drop-offs and slam an applesauce pouch before hopping on the Peloton bike.

It’s my only chance for a quick workout, so I do a 30-minute Tabata ride and hit a new PR. This was a tough ride and I feel like I’m struggling to hit my previous PR the entire ride, but it feels awesome when I finally do it. I wash my face and get dressed quickly, and am on a conference call, drinking a smoothie by 10.

(1 cup almond milk, frozen cauliflower rice, 1/2 scoop Truvani chocolate protein powder, 2 tablespoons hemp protein, maca, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, cinnamon, blueberries, Nuttzo, and spinach. I’ve been using the Truvani protein lately and really love the ingredients, taste, and texture. It’s very sweet, so that’s why I only use half a scoop and mix it with the hemp protein.)


(DIM Detox -only for a couple of months – an adrenal booster, and B complex. Ali has been helping me with supplements and I love working with her.)

10:30 I’m off the conference call and get ready to head to a nearby gym for employee orientation. I’m finally going to start teaching classes more regularly, and I’m pretty excited about it! I’ve mostly been subbing classes since last summer. With the Pilot gone so often since he deployed and then catapulted straight into the airlines, it didn’t make sense for me to pay a babysitter more to watch the girls than I’d make teaching the class. So I subbed here and there, mostly barre, TRX, and spin, but I really miss having my own classes. I’m really looking forward to making my way back into the Tucson fitness community and have a couple of current options that include childcare. 

11:30 I’m back home! I make the beds, clean up the kitchen and wipe down the counters, run the eufy, start a load of wash, and drink a green juice.

I write a post for WebMD, the meat for this post, schedule social shout-outs, and send a couple of invoices.

12:40: Lunch! I made this Instant Pot soup for dinner one night and saved the rest for easy lunches. It’s one of my favorite combos: chicken, zucchini, bell pepper, sweet potato, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric, rosemary, salt, pepper, and chicken broth. (It’s my standard recipe but I added some ginger and turmeric for this batch because I’m trying to eat as many gallbladder superfoods as possible.) I have it with a salad of spinach, cucumber, shredded beet, a squeeze of orange juice, and a dollop of vegan spinach artichoke dip from our Sunbasket delivery.

 (Not super pretty but was perfect!)

1:00 I get my nails done and pick up P! TBH I HATE sitting in the chair for 45 minutes because I get antsy, but it’s so nice to have my nails done and not worry about them for two weeks.

3:10 We’re back home from school pick-up and I make the girls a snack plate. They have one almost every day after school. It’s like a cheese board for kids: a mix of random snacky stuff for them to enjoy while they chill for a bit.

I take a little break to snuggle on the couch with them and watch some of the Les Mis 25th anniversary concert that was on PBS. Liv is surprisingly very into my G-rated version of the storyline, and after we watch Samantha Barks crush “On My Own,” I help Liv with her homework. Then both girls head outside to play for a bit.

My snack: an apple with some granola butter (obsessed with this stuff) and chocolate chips, plus a hibiscus hot tea 

The next few hours are the usual whirlwind of cleaning and cooking: switching out dishes and laundry, packing lunches, making + eating dinner, and cleaning up the dinner aftermath.

Dinner is a Sunbasket meal. We have two each week and I look forward to them because I feel like dinner only takes 15 minutes or so to prep on these nights. The girls are into shrimp, so thankfully this one is a huge hit.

The girls’ plates: 

(I give them fresh fruit with pretty much every meal, so I sliced up some apples to go with it)

my bowl:

6:45: We take the dogs for a 20-minute walk around the neighborhood. P rides her scooter, Liv walks Caro, and I walk Bell. Now that the weather has cooled down a teeny bit, we can walk the dogs more often, and they’re loving it. We figured out on our walk that Bella is going to be 14 in December!! I can’t even believe it. 

When we get home, it’s straight into the bedtime rituals: bath, books, brush teeth, story time, checking on Liv every 10 minutes until she’s crashed. In between checking on Liv, I hang out in the playroom and respond to IG DMs and emails.

9pm: Liv is asleep. I turn on Bachelor in Paradise, finish up this post, drink a golden latte, answer blog comments and any leftover emails, and crawl into bed.

11pm: Lights out and ready to do it all over again.

Some previous similar posts:

from April this year

from 2018 in Valdosta

When P was 8 months old and Liv was 4

The post A whole day, from start to finish appeared first on The Fitnessista.
#JustForKicks #Tucson
JustForKicks Tucson