How to Write a Thank You Note to Teacher + Examples
Are you a student who wants to thank their teacher for going the extra mile to help them on a project or skill? Are you a parent who wants to let your child’s teacher know how much you appreciate all their hard work and time? Is it teacher appreciation week? Or maybe you don’t have a reason at all, and just want to tell a teacher “thank you.” Whichever you are, you might be looking for just the right words for a teacher thank you card. We’re here to help. Check out our guide on how to write a thank you note to an amazing teacher below or scroll down to find our thank you card wording examples. And once you’re done, make sure to visit our resource on teacher appreciation gifts.
- Why Write a Gratitude Note To Your Teacher?
- How To Write A Thank You Note To A Teacher
- Sample Thank You Notes For Teachers
- Teacher Appreciation Quotes
Why Write a Gratitude Note To Your Teacher?
Teachers, despite working about 53 hours per week on average, get very little credit for all their hard work. They’re the ones who spent extra time in and out of the classroom to try and make a difference in each student’s life. They lesson plan, craft decorations and projects, and even use their own money to buy supplies for their classroom that otherwise wasn’t allocated to them. It’s thanks to teachers that we learn, develop, and find specific interests and passions.
For all these reasons (and more) it’s important to take the time to let teachers know just how much they’re appreciated. Saying “thank you” may seem minor, but sometimes it can make a big difference. Whether you have a child in elementary school or middle school, or you’re in high school wanting to share your appreciation for a great teacher or role model at school, a thank you note is the best way to share how much you appreciate the special teacher in your life. By writing a heartfelt thank you card to your wonderful teacher you can let them know all their hard work hasn’t gone unnoticed. So if you’re ready to start, follow our guidelines for writing thank you notes for teachers below:
How To Write A Thank You Note To A Teacher
When you’re ready to start writing your thank you, make sure to find appropriate personal stationary. Simple cards that say “Thank you” or school themed stationary are perfect for your handwritten note. Or, you can type out a thank you card customized with a favorite photo of you and your fantastic teacher. Once you have your card, start with the steps listed below:
- Address the teacher by their proper name. Make sure you’re certain whether the teacher prefers to go by “Mr.” “Mrs.” “Miss” or “Ms.” Use this title on both the envelope and inside the card.
- Start off with a greeting. Some appropriate greeting might include “Dear,” “To,” or just the teacher’s name followed by a comma.
- Describe what they did that you are thankful for, and how it helped you. Maybe it was simply spending extra time after class to help your child work through a math problem. Or maybe it was something much bigger, like helping you through a difficult time of your life or providing extra support throughout the school year. Whatever it was, tell them why it mattered to you.
- Don’t forget to say the words “Thank you!” These two simple words can easily be forgotten in the midst of writing a long letter, but it’s important to have them on the page.
- End with a closing. Appropriate sign offs maybe include any of the following:
- All the best,
- Warm Wishes,
- Thank you again,
If you want additional help crafting your thank you letter check out our additional resources on how to write a thank you note and thank you card wording. And don’t forget your card pairs perfectly with teacher appreciation gifts like photo mugs or desktop plaques.
Sample Thank You Notes For Teachers
The following sample thank you notes for teachers work for students and parents alike. You can either fill in the blanks to make it your won or use the examples to inspire your creativity to craft a letter from scratch. Whatever the occasion, you’re sure to find some words of inspiration below to say thank you to the best teacher ever.
Thank You Note To Teacher From Parent
“Dear Miss Manchester,
Thank you so much for taking the extra time after school and during lunch breaks to help (child) with his/her math problems. We can see how much more confident (s)he’s grown as (s)he gets better and better at his/her times tables. You’ve made a big impact!
All the best,
Mrs. Cranston, (Child)’s Mom”
Thank You Note To Teacher From Student
“Dear Mr. Grayson,
I wanted to let you know how much of an impact you made while you were my 8th grade teacher. You taught me how to persevere when I was struggling with my course load, and how to exceed even my own expectations. With your help, I started to explore other possibilities and opportunities. Without all your care and attention I never would have found the confidence to move forward and find my passion in (activity). Thank you for everything you’ve done!
Simple Thank You Note For Teacher
To Ms. Fay,
Thank you very much for all your hard work. We feel so lucky that (child) got you for a teacher this year. (S)he loves to talk about everything (s)he’s learning and doing in your classroom.
Thank You Note To Preschool Teacher
“Dear Miss Lancey,
When I leave (child) with you every morning I know (s)he’s safe and cared about — and I can’t tell you how much this means to me. I want you to know that all your hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. Thank you so much for making preschool a much easier transition!”
End Of Year Thank You Note To Teacher
“Dear Mr. Blake,
Thank you for an amazing year full of fun experiments and interesting lessons. I especially loved the day when (example). I’ll always be grateful to have had you for a teacher.
Thank You Note For Teacher Appreciation
“Dear Mrs. Hansen,
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! Thank you so much for everything you do for us! All your fun activities and interesting lesson plans have taught me so much this year, and I always look forward to coming to class. You’re the best!
Teacher Appreciation Quotes
If you’re looking to say something meaningful to your favorite teacher on your thank you card or even a personalized gift, use this list of teacher appreciation quotes as inspiration. You can include these thank you teacher quotes on a card or on a custom gift like a coffee mug, water bottle, tumbler, or something fun and unique like a jigsaw puzzle, fleece blanket, or wall art like canvas prints or photo tiles.
- “If you can read this, thank a teacher.” – American Proverb
- “They may forget what you said, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” – Carl W. Buechner
- “The great teacher is not the man who supplies the most facts, but the one in whose presence we become different people.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” – Henry Brooks Adams
- “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “A good teacher can inspire hope; ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning.” – Brad Henry
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
- “Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.” – Anatole France
- “Being able to help someone learn something is a talent.” – Margaret Riel
- “Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese Proverb
- “Teacher appreciation makes the world of education go around.” – Helen Peters
- “One looks back with appreciation to the brilliant teachers, but with gratitude to those who touched our human feelings.” –Carl Jung
- “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” – B.B. King
- “It takes a big heart to help shape little minds.” – Unknown
- “Your heart is slightly bigger than the average human heart, but that’s because you’re a teacher.” – Aaron Bacall
Resources Related to Thank You Note to Teacher
If you liked this resource on what to write in a thank you note for a teacher and you’re looking for additional resources, make sure to check out our related content below:
- Teacher Appreciation Gifts
- Notepads for Teachers
- Thank You Gifts
- Thank You Quotes
- Shutterfly Deals On Cards & Stationery
The post How to Write a Thank You Note to Teacher + Examples appeared first on Ideas & Inspiration.
How to Write a Thank You Note to Teacher + Examples was first posted on April 19, 2023 at 11:10 am.
©2016 "". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org