80 Things To Cheer You Up When You Are Feeling Down
Being sad is a normal human reaction and one that I am sure you experience from time to time. Here is a list of 100 things to cheer you up to reference whenever you feel like you need a little pick me up.
We’ve all been there – that downward spiral that feels like mud and is almost impossible to free ourselves from mentally. Well, even when it’s raining out, you can always find a rainbow or a bit of sunshine at the end of the day.
It’s that positive attitude that will flip things around and I am here to showcase 80 different things to cheer you up for the next time you feel a bit down.
How can I cheer myself up at home?
After spending the last few months in my house, I can say with certainty that it is possible to cheer yourself up at home. I used to think that you needed to get out of the house to find joy, but now I know that everything you need to find peace and happiness comes from within and with the simple pleasures in life.
It doesn’t always have to be about meditation and a bubble bath. I’m someone that loves to do sudoku puzzles and if I make time for that little hobby, then I really can change my mental state. Self care can take on many different forms.
I think the main thing that you have to do is acknowledge that something is wrong and then address it. You know what brings you joy. Are you someone that likes to work off of a guilty pleasures list or are you more of a napper? Do you!
80 Things To Cheer You Up When You Are Feeling Down
Here are 80 different things to cheer you up the next time you lose yourself to negative speak. Read through the entire list and pick what feels right for you today!
The next time you are having a bad day, you might need to choose something else.
- Your favorite drink
- Time spent with family
- Time spent with your best friends
- Write a gratitude list
- Listen to your favorite music
- Go on a nature walk
- Smile more
- Practice mindfulness
- Double scoops of your favorite ice cream
- Stop being so hard on yourself – eliminate negative speak
- Use positive affirmations
- Binge watch a few series on Netflix
- Spend the morning outdoors
- Work on your travel bucket list
- Spend time with a pet
- Make a list of your best qualities – don’t be shy
- Get out in public and just listen people watch
- Plan your dream vacation
- Look through old photos and memories
- Cook an elaborate dinner
- Better yet, order in an elaborate dinner
- Have a nice, hot bubble bath
- Practice meditation
- Call an old friend
- Do not go on social media for the rest of the day
- Clean your house (it does help, I promise)
- Create donation bags for those in need
- Do an at-home fitness class
- Cry and let it all out
- Hug someone for a long time
- Journal your feelings
- Go for a long walk
- Get dressed up
- Do your hair and makeup
- Have a great laugh
- Read a great book
- Spend the day doing crossword puzzles
- Lose yourself in your apps to play with friends
- Head into the city for a day of fun
- Create a vision board
- Surround yourself with positive people
- Go shopping
- Read a few good jokes
- Have a full-blown break from the world
- THINK happy thoughts
- Sweep the front of your house
- Get some vitamin D – head to the beach
- Take a power nap
- Reward yourself
- Ask for help
- Break from your typical routine
- Go to church
- Do some gardening
- Buy concert tickets for your favorite band
- String some LED lights around your room and change the way the space feels
- Spend the day going to garage sales
- Write a letter to someone you need to forgive
- Paint a room
- Wear sexy lingerie underneath your clothing
- Rearrange furniture
- Get a new hobby for adults
- Buy fresh flowers
- Create several lists of things you want to do
- Have a one-person dance party
- Buy your favorite childhood cereal and eat a full bowl
- Lean into the emotions you are having and accept them
- Acknowledge that you need a mental shift and it’s in your hands to make it happen
- Visit grandma
- Talk to a therapist if you need to
- Say thank you to everyone you see today
- Buy something totally silly for the house
- Wear a fuzzy robe and slippers all-day
- Light a candle with your favorite scent
- Try to solve a 1000 piece puzzle
- Make yourself some homemade waffles or pancakes
- Take a BuzzFeed Quiz
- Do a small good deed
- Look at a calendar and remember tomorrow is a new day
- Try breathing exercises
- Take on a creative new project
I could probably add 100 more things to cheer you up to this post, but I will stop here. I have a feeling that you have thought of some ideas of your own by now.
How can I perk up my mood?
Are you ready to perk up your mood using this things to cheer you up list? It’s all about taking control of your mental state and making the first move. What you decide to do on this list really doesn’t matter – it’s all about feeling good in the moment and that is a mental choice.
If you are up for it, you could even take the 30 Day Positivity Challenge once you have exhausted the above things to cheer you up list! That could be your next move. Maybe tomorrow! LOL!
Right now, get some fresh air, maybe hit up a thrift store, call a friend, and realize that you are in control of your life. It will put a smile on your face – for sure!
Call a friend and get some human contact! And if none of this works, then maybe talk to a therapist because trained professionals can work wonders. Sometimes we can’t always fix everything. Believe me, I know.
The post 80 Things To Cheer You Up When You Are Feeling Down appeared first on Lady and the Blog.