8 Best Subscription Boxes for Kids in 2022! (+ Score Up to 75% OFF!)
These are the best subscription boxes for kids!
Subscription boxes are great gift ideas for kids! 📦
Whether you’re looking for ways to keep kids engaged or need the perfect educational gift idea, we found the best subscription boxes for kids of all ages.
1. KiwiCo offers science and art STEM projects for kids of every age and up to 100 years old.
KiwiCo is one of the best subscription boxes for kids because they make curated monthly packages for every age and interest. Starting at birth and curating boxes for even the most mature teens. They even have subscriptions suitable for ages up to 100, because we’re all kids at heart after all. 😏
These aren’t your typical science kits because all of them are designed by experts, such as retired Professor of Science Education at Stanford University, and tested by kids before they’re delivered to your doorstep. 👏🏻
In every single KiwiCo subscription box, your kiddo will receive everything they need to complete each project and only the very best and highest quality materials and supplies too!
Plus, we love that you have the ability to switch crates at any time. That means, as your kiddo grows, they’ll receive fun, age-appropriate activities to stimulate their brains.
Check out all the different KiwiCo Crates available:
- Panda Crate: Ages 0-24 months – unlock brain-building skills at every stage
- Koala Crate: Ages 2-4 years – explore with hands-on learning activities
- Kiwi Crate: Ages 5-8 years – science and art activities
- Atlas Crate: Ages 6-11 years – spark their adventure and curiosity
- Doodle Crate: Ages 9-16+ years – crafty projects that foster creativity to build inner confidence
- Tinker Crate: Ages 9-16+ years – develops kids’ natural creativity and curiosity using STEM
- Maker Crate: Ages 14-100 years – turn artistic visions into design realities with art and design projects
- Eureka Crate: Ages 12-100 years – put science to work and engineer amazing projects
Use code SPARK at checkout
2. Little Passports curates the best subscription box for kids that come with exciting exploration themes.
Little Passports is another fantastic monthly subscription box for kids! Every month, a new package will arrive filled with age-appropriate toys and hands-on activities.
Every month you’ll get to introduce your kids to the world around them through monthly, age-appropriate activity kits. If they don’t already, they’ll quickly discover new passions for travel.
Check out all the different Little Passports subscriptions available:
- Early Explorers: Ages 3-5 – Explore a new world theme each month like music, oceans, and dinosaurs.
- Animals Wild: Ages 3-5 – Go wild with pop-up playsets, cool games, and more.
- Science Junior: Ages 5-8 – Launch a lifelong interest in science, technology, engineering, and math.
- World Edition: Ages 6-10 – Discover a new country each month, with souvenirs and hands-on activities.
- USA Edition: Ages 7-12 – Learn about new states each month, with activity-packed State Journals.
- Science Expeditions: Ages 8+ – Explore a new science destination with experiments, inventions, comic books, and more.
Use code HIP50 at checkout
3. Annie’s Club Kits offers creative kits from woodworking to making unique art projects.
Have a seriously crafty kiddo at home? Annie’s Club Kits send more than one kit per month with your kiddo’s subscription to keep them occupied until their next delivery! Plus, there’s a variety for every boy or girl depending on their interests, and perfect for ages 7-12.
Your kiddo will learn lifelong skills with every craft such as turning a white shirt into a beautiful tie-dyed bag or building their very own candy dispenser they’ll be proud to show off to all their friends.
My daughter (age 6.5) and both of my boys (ages 10 and 11) have loved their Annie’s Club Kits in the past. As a parent, I really love that each craft typically requires little or no effort on my end.
Read all the reasons we love Annie’s Club Kits if you’re still on the fence.
Check out all the different Annie’s Club Kits available:
- Creative Girls’ Club: Ages 7-12 – learn fun skills that will last a lifetime such as painting, beading, stitching, paper crafting, and much more.
- Genius Box Club: Ages 7-12 – STEM kits to empower the change-makers of today and tomorrow.
- Young Woodworkers Kit Club: Ages 7-12 – woodworking craft kits designed to pass on a love of woodworking to the next generation.
Use code YAY50 at checkout
4. MEL Science will have your kiddo falling in love with science with all of their hands-on experiments.
Science-loving kiddos will never get bored with these award-winning monthly kits! In fact, they’re so good that even if your kiddo doesn’t yet have a passion for science, they’ll quickly learn just how fun it can be through these hands-on activities. How does igniting hydrogen soap bubbles to make fire foam or growing a black snake out of sugar sound? 👩🔬
Each hands-on kit is tailored to specific age groups and contains all of the materials needed to complete their project. Plus, you’ll also get access to the MEL Science app filled with virtual reality and augmented reality lessons! How cool!
Check out all the different MEL Science subscriptions available:
- Coding Science Kit: Ages 4-7 – kits curated to help teach how to code without the use of a screen by building their own robotics.
- STEM Science Kit: Ages 5-10 – hands-on science projects, interactive augmented reality activities, and live classes with professional teachers.
- Physics Science Kit: Ages 8-14 – hands-on physics experiments, VR lessons, and access to live classes with science teachers.
- Chemistry Science Kit: Ages 10-16 – hands-on chemistry experiments, VR lessons, and the chance to learn from real science teachers.
Use code SCIENCE50 at checkout
*If a kit is currently out of stock be sure to sign up for emails so you’re notified when they’re back in stock!
5. You can buy Spangler Science science kits without committing to a subscription.
The Spangler Science Club features highly interactive experiments and hands-on activities created by Steve Spangler. His easy-to-follow lessons serve as an introduction to more in-depth experiments and challenges that push the learner’s creativity to the next level. The experiments are likely to fizz, pop, bubble, or erupt into something that is guaranteed to fill the room with oohs & ahhs.
Each box is filled with Steve Spangler’s unique blend of experiences that inspire wonder, boost creativity, enhance problem-solving skills, and make learning fun.
Unlike all our other best subscription boxes for kids, you can buy these boxes individually or opt to receive them through a subscription every 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months! The choice is yours! 🙌🏻 Just keep in mind you’ll only receive free shipping on orders over $75 or when you opt for a subscription service.
Use code GYTO2039 at checkout
*Promo code is valid on orders over $39 and not applicable on subscriptions.
6. Brick Loot is the perfect subscription box for any LEGO enthusiast.
Have a LEGO lover at home? Brick Loot is the best subscription for kids who are dedicated to these tiny toy blocks. Every Brick Loot box is filled with LEGO and brick-related items and the Brick Loot team is always searching high and low for the newest, coolest, and most outrageous items you won’t find at your local toy store. All items are handpicked by their LEGO-loving team and are sure to leave any kiddo with a big smile! 🤩
Each box may include custom kits with LEGO Bricks, kits by famous LEGO Designers, Brick Loot Exclusives, LEGO accessories, custom LEGO Minifigures, and LEGO Compatible Products. Plus, you’ll get the option to choose your subscription for every 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 1 year. Regardless each box will have a retail value of over $55!
Use code HELLO15 at checkout
7. Highlights is a trusted brand any parent will feel good about subscribing to since they’re created with teachers.
Highlights have sold award-winning magazines since 1946, but what you may not know is that they also offer several different book clubs for kids suitable from birth to age 9. They’re developed with teachers and created for busy families, so they’re the ideal learning experience for literally any family.
You can choose between age-appropriate activities that will keep them learning and engaged at home or they’re equally perfect for taking them on the road. Simply choose your kiddo’s age range of either 0-2, 3-5, 6-8, or 9+ and choose the subscription you wish to receive.
Check out all the different Highlights subscriptions available for every age:
- Highlights Magazines: Ages 0-9+ – Deliver a monthly dose of positive encouragement, keeping kids of every age inspired and challenged.
- Explore It: Ages 3-6 – Spark curiosity and boost creativity through immersive play with a new theme each month.
- Puzzle & Activity Boxes: Ages 3-9+ – Puzzles and activities in every box that will keep your kiddo engaged and entertained. They every offer these boxes by the grade your child’s in.
Use code YAY20 at checkout
8. Ivy Kids Kits are created by certified teachers and are perfect for any book lover under the age of 8.
If your kids are between the ages of 3 and 8 then they’re going to love Ivy Kids boxes! These educational boxes come with 10 different activities that are based on popular children’s books and the books are even included too! They’re super engaging and reinforce meaningful quality time spent with parents and siblings.
Each box will provide all of the tools you need to ensure your child has a solid foundation in math, literacy, and science. Plus, every Ivy Kids box is created by certified early childhood teachers who also have children of their own! Past boxes have included popular books like Mouse Paint and Jump, Frog, Jump!.
Since these boxes are stocked up with so many activities and so many possible ways to do them depending on the child, you’ll have more than enough fun until your next box arrives.
Use code IVYSUMMER25 at checkout
OR new subscribers can use code IVY20 to score 20% OFF their order + receive a FREE gift.